Monday, September 16, 2013

your life can change in a moment

crazy how that happens.
but true.
Yesterday on Facebook I used this quote:

“Don’t give up. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it...You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." -Elder Holland

and it was just a quote that I liked.
However, today it is a new motto for me.
Same words different meaning.
Just like this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx0knuEQh94
I was learning it for a friend's farewell and now I have a totally new take on it.

How grateful I am for moments that can build my testimony and that although my life may change that I have a Heavenly Father who will never change. Not ever. And I have a friend who is constantly there for me who knows the hardships that I have gone through, that I am going through, and that I will go through.

One of my favorite sections in Doctrine and Covenants is section 122. Here are just a few wonderful verses:

 And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give theeeexperience, and shall be for thy good.
 The aSon of Man hath bdescended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
 Therefore, ahold on thy way, and the priesthood shall bremain with thee; for their cbounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy ddaysare known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore,efear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.
(Read the whole thing though.)
Oh P.S. I'm not dying I promise, things are going to be alright, I know it.
             Hurray for opposition in all things(:
Also, this is not supposed to be a "pity post" , no siry. It is to remind everyone that even in hard times there someone is always there for you. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment