Saturday, September 28, 2013

sometimes it's hard to "hold [my] tongue"

But only sometimes.
Like for instance yesterday at the BYU game.
Now I am not someone who "boos" at Refs (come on guys that's like elementary school and I don't think I did it then either,) I don't complain about the players--everyone makes mistakes, everybody has those days, everybody knows what I'm talking about, everyone gets that way. But seriously! Mistakes happen, nobody's perfect. And I certainly do not criticize the coaches, I would never be able to do a better job then them and I don't think you could either (man who is yelling at Bronco up a few rows.)
Okay, and obviously I'm not the perfect fan either but the reason I go to games is to support my team, to cheer them on, and yell as loud as I can on 3rd Down Stops.
The first line of the Fight Song is "Oh, Rise all LOYAL Cougars..." Loyal. Not fickle, not fair-weather fans, LOYAL. And so I think there should be no name calling or yelling at the coaches or being the girl in front of us clapping for MT's Field Goal and then saying to her sister 'We're just going to lose anyway." NO!

Anyway, story.
A few rows in front of us were some men either in their late 20's or early 30's who were being kind of silly at the beginning of the game but then got kind of mean later. One of them had red hair and was being exceptional rude and it was getting on my nerves. At one point he yelled "Coach! Put in Hoffman!" Then I yelled to him "Hoffman suspended himself!" (of course I'm sad about that but I had to inform this guy right?) Then I was shocked, I never yell at other fans, never. Scary!
Later in the game he was being ridiculous again and I was about to yell, "Hey! Carrots! (as in from Anne of Green Gables expect not at all like what Gilbert was trying to do) Sit down!" But I used all my inner strength to not say it, although it would've been good.

So moral of this post is, don't be a fair-weathered fan be loyal. And even when people are being awful just try to hold your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment