Thursday, August 6, 2015

Who's the baddest of them all?

Hello there!
So, today while driving to and from my post surgery appointment the song "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic came on the radio and while listening I remembered the song my sister had introduced me to, the parody "Counting Scars" by the Disney Villains.
If you have never seen it, here it is:


Nice huh?
Catchy tune.
Catchy words.
I enjoy it.

However, ever since the first time Megan showed it to me, I've had a problem with it.
Is Scar really the "baddest" Disney Villains there is? I don't think so.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you:

oh! ouch!

I believe Gaston from "Beauty and the Beast" is the scariest Disney Villain there is, here's why:

He is liked by everyone.

He's selfish. 

He's prideful. 
(And he acts on both his pride and his lust.)

He is EXTREMELY vain. 
(♪you're so vain, you probably think Belle should like you, YOU'RE SO VAIN! ♪)

He is "totally prime-evil"

He's an idiot, and he is STILL liked by everyone.

People follow him. Now, people follow Scar too, BUT the difference is that when Scar loses, when his followers see that he is wrong, they turn on him.
Gaston is different when Belle shows her father isn't crazy, that The Beast is real, they aren't like "Gaston! Give it up! They were right! Let's go back and eat the same old bread and rolls that we always do."

Nope.

Instead, they keep following him, proving that "50 french-men [CAN] be wrong."
Isn't that terrifying? Even though he's wrong they keep following him. Yikes! *shutter* That is why I think Gaston is the baddest of them all, he has no powers, he has no kingdoms, he is a man. But he is the complete "natural man" and that is why he is so scary.

Granted everyone has their opinion, but this is why I have a blog, to state mine, but if anyone has any thoughts feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment